South Florida Wind Mitigation Experts
Wind mitigation is one of many residential and commercial inspections that National Home Inspection & Mold Services can offer. Our InterNACHI certified inspectors can thoroughly examine your building and its components to determine its strength against high winds. The inspection will also include looking for already present wind damage. If you live in the South Florida Region, then it is important to consider having wind mitigation inspections for your property.
Why is Wind Mitigation Inspection Important?
If you live in a hurricane state like Florida, having wind mitigation provided by a trusted inspection team like National Home Inspection will help keep you and your loved ones safe. Owners will often see increased insurance premiums and deductibles if their buildings are not properly inspected and strengthened if they live in an area where there is a high chance of strong winds, such as hurricanes. In fact, having your property inspected for wind mitigation by a certified inspector can lower your insurance premiums and deductibles.
In addition, you will likely pay less in repairs if the problem is fixed before damage is done. Wind mitigation can also be a good selling point of you are selling your residential or commercial property. Because of the cost saving element to wind mitigation, potential buyers may keep an eye out for that feature.
The Inspection Process
Our inspector will thoroughly examine your whole property and any other buildings or components around it. We will check for loose panels, vulnerable spots, weak connections, and more. Afterward, we will provide you with an easy-to-read, detailed report going over each aspect of your inspection. Among other item that we will check, we’ll inspect:
- Doors, Windows, and Entryways: We’ll inspect the durability and strength of any opening in your building. Garage doors, gates, and awnings will be checked for secure alignment and attachment.
- Walls: We’ll check the structural integrity of the connection between the wall and the roof, the walls where they join together, and where they meet the foundation. Areas vulnerable to detachment due to high wind will be noted.
- Roof: The shape of your roof, as well as he structural support it has, will be inspected. We will check for proper construction and installation, looking for strong connection to the walls and frame.
- Additions: Any additional elements to the home will be inspected as well, such as patios and roof decks. Their connection to the walls, frame, or roof will be checked for durability.
- Materials: Your roofing material as well as your siding will be inspected. Loose panels, poor attachment, and weak spots will be noted.
Our skilled technicians can go over the report with you and discuss which areas need to be resolved sooner than others. If you have any questions regarding wind mitigation for your residential or commercial property and you live in the South Florida Region, don’t hesitate to call.